User Details - mwheelerk

library | recommendations | wish list

  Mike Kulfan
  Phoenix, AZ
  Denon AVR 3805 Receiver
Denon DVD 2900 Universal Player
Monitor Silver RS6, RS1 and RS LCR Speakers
REL Q150E Sub
Kimber Kable 8TC Front L&R and Center Speaker Cable
Kimber Kable Kwik 16 Surrounds Speaker Cable
AudioQuest Sub-1 Cable
AudioQuest VDM-1 Digital Coax Cables
AudioQuest YiQ-1 Componet Video Cables
Nordost Blue Heaven Analog Interconnects
Isotek Elite Power Cable (for Denon DVD-2900)
Kimber Kable PowerKord PK-10 (for receiver, sub and power conditioner)
Audio Prism Foundation III Power Conditioner
Audio Prism IsoBearing Isolation System
Vibrapod and Vibracone Isolation System
BDI Audio Visual Stand
Omnimount Center Channel Shelf
Sony 42" LCD HDTV

Found: 1

Eleanor McEvoy: Early Hours        (2 of 2 found this review helpful)
  October 2, 2004

This is one of the most beautifully written, recorded and performed titles I have had the pleasure to listen to in some time. I don't usually buy music based on reviews. However, when I read about an artist and title from several different and diverse sources and see the same superlatives over and ... more

Latest Posts

Noise from Denon DVD-2930 during Audible LFE Calibration
August 23, 2007
I can't be sure about the 2930, I have the older 2900 but I do know that in one of the set up menus there is a "Filter" selection. I wrote Denon a couple of years ago and they told me that when the filter was engaged that the DSD stream was converted to PCM so that base management could be used. Perhaps this has something to do with that ... more
Listening habits
January 30, 2005
Well I do not have anywhere near the extensive music collection of most of the other posts. I have around 300 titles. Of those about 80 are SACD. Twelve are MFSL remasters (non-SACD) and 80% of the redbook CDs are remastered versions. About 60% of my collection is rock & roll or folk of various genres. The other 40% is jazz and blues. No classical. ... more
New speakers....what should I get?
October 2, 2004
You are right, there are so many really good quality systems with good sound it really is a very personal choice. I, like you, listen primarily to music and more and more to SACD and multichannel music. If you are looking at B&W the new 700 series would be an excellent choice and fit your budget. I am in the process also of sorting through my ... more
Fidelity of older recordings
October 2, 2004
You make a valid point, however, Derek and The Dominoes "Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs" is absolutely great music recorded through a dirty dish towel and could use some definite cleaning up. Now here is a point that could cause some argument or discussion: "Did the artist who created this music itend for us to hear this cluttered compressed ... more
Discussion: Nick Drake: A Treasury
October 2, 2004
I am extremely excited and happy to know of this release. Unfortunately, over here in the states we won't be seeing the release until the end of October so my patience is certainly being tested. I, like I assume many others, would have much preferred to have all of his three original albums in SACD format. Beggars, however can not be choosers, so I ... more