add to wish list | library


14 of 17 recommend this,
would you recommend it?

yes | no

Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the links provided below. As an Amazon Associate SA-CD.net earns from qualifying purchases.
 
amazon.ca
amazon.co.uk
amazon.com
amazon.de
 
amazon.fr
amazon.it
 
jpc

Discussion: Dvorak: Symphonies Nos. 6 & 9 - Dausgaard

Posts: 9

Post by Peter October 5, 2007 (1 of 9)
The Schumann coupling similarly allows so much detail to shine through; in my opinion the Dvorak pieces in particular are not compromised through being performed by a chamber orchestra.

The full lower string sound is more like what I hear live, than I hear on some labels!

Have a listen to the clips on www.bis.se

Post by flyingdutchman June 11, 2012 (2 of 9)
Peter said:

The Schumann coupling similarly allows so much detail to shine through; in my opinion the Dvorak pieces in particular are not compromised through being performed by a chamber orchestra.

The full lower string sound is more like what I hear live, than I hear on some labels!

Have a listen to the clips on www.bis.se

Robert, any idea if you're going to do 7 & 8 soon with these same forces?

Post by bissie June 11, 2012 (3 of 9)
flyingdutchman said:

Robert, any idea if you're going to do 7 & 8 soon with these same forces?

No, we're doing them with the Malaysian SO/Flor

Robert

Post by samayoeruorandajin February 6, 2013 (4 of 9)
This is a fantastic couple of recordings. I hope you return to Dausgaard and Dvorak in the future. Do the 3rd through 5th symphonies! They would be great.

Post by hiredfox February 7, 2013 (5 of 9)
samayoeruorandajin said:

This is a fantastic couple of recordings. I hope you return to Dausgaard and Dvorak in the future. Do the 3rd through 5th symphonies! They would be great.

He just said they were doing them with a different orchestra so no chance. Why would he duplicate?

Post by samayoeruorandajin February 7, 2013 (6 of 9)
hiredfox said:

He just said they were doing them with a different orchestra so no chance. Why would he duplicate?

He said nothing of the 3-5th. Why are you so consistently nasty? Really, do you have something to prove by being such an ass?

Post by krisjan February 7, 2013 (7 of 9)
hiredfox said:

He just said they were doing them with a different orchestra so no chance. Why would he duplicate?

Uh, because the Dausgaard series is unique in that it uses a chamber orchestra. Dvorak 9 has two recent releases on BIS SACD - the Dausgaard and the Malaysian Symphony. So, I wouldn't be so vehement in saying that Dvorak 3-5 would not be possibilities for Dausgaard's approach.

Post by wehecht February 7, 2013 (8 of 9)
Frankly I'd love to have a new 4 and 5 from anybody (there's a new 3 just out on Coviello), and as I'm quite taken with Dausgaard's other recordings of romantic repertoire I'd happily second this suggestion. For the last few days I've been listening to the new Brahms 1 from Dausgaard/SCO and really enjoying how it clarifies everything.

Post by hiredfox February 8, 2013 (9 of 9)
wehecht said:

Frankly I'd love to have a new 4 and 5 from anybody (there's a new 3 just out on Coviello)

There is but you might be disappointed by the sound quality. The 7th is slightly better but it's all fairly low-res PCM

Closed