add to wish list | library


4 of 5 recommend this,
would you recommend it?

yes | no

Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the links provided below. As an Amazon Associate SA-CD.net earns from qualifying purchases.
 
amazon.ca
amazon.co.uk
 
 
 
 
amazon.it
CDJapan
 

Discussion: George Benson: Breezin'

Posts: 10

Post by ForYourEars September 22, 2012 (1 of 10)
Ok, I am taking this back of what I have mentioned about this SHM SACD. It was my set-up error. When I switched it to PCM mode, the bass started to come out of the bass box. Everything has changed from then on both sonically and performance wise. I am beginning to enjoy the CD. I apologise for the error.

Post by Claude September 24, 2012 (2 of 10)
In that case, I think the site admins should modify the review or delete it.

BTW, why did you give only 2 stars for the musical quality? The music and sound ratings should be independent. If you enjoy the disc now, I suppose you like the music.

Post by Lunna February 18, 2014 (3 of 10)
Further proof that people are living in a fantasy world. Compare the amazon.com prices with the still too high other amazon prices. Ugh!

Post by sgb September 4, 2014 (4 of 10)
Has anyone yet compared the new Audio Fidelity disc which has just recently been released?

Post by cupboy September 8, 2014 (5 of 10)
What is the SHM SACD that is mentioned in the first post?

Post by rammiepie September 8, 2014 (6 of 10)
sgb said:

Has anyone yet compared the new Audio Fidelity disc which has just recently been released?

Just gave it a spin today {mch, only} and all I can say: it blows away the DVD~A. The issues plaguing the original DVD~A have been thoroughly corrected and there are some nice surround effects, as well.

Only wish they had included the three bonus tracks of the original DVD~A.

Post by bmoura September 8, 2014 (7 of 10)
rammiepie said:

Just gave it a spin today {mch, only} and all I can say: it blows away the DVD~A. The issues plaguing the original DVD~A have been thoroughly corrected and there are some nice surround effects, as well.

Only wish they had included the three bonus tracks of the original DVD~A.

Audio Fidelity gets kudos here for spending some added $ to improve the existing 5.1 mix on the Breezin' Multichannel tracks. With the tweaks, it's finally listenable in Multichannel. The DVD-A version is not.

And the newly remastered Stereo SACD and CD Audio tracks by Steve Hoffman are a bonus.

Thumbs up!

Post by rammiepie September 9, 2014 (8 of 10)
bmoura said:

Audio Fidelity gets kudos here for spending some added $ to improve the existing 5.1 mix on the Breezin' Multichannel tracks. With the tweaks, it's finally listenable in Multichannel. The DVD-A version is not.

And the newly remastered Stereo SACD and CD Audio tracks by Steve Hoffman are a bonus.

Thumbs up!

I played both the mch track and the stereo track tonight of Breezing on my main system and as grand as the Stereo Track is I preferred the multichannel track as it completely immersed me in the music and to those over at QQ who think it's easy listening music.....think again. Commercial yes but hardly easy listening. Benson's vocal on This Masquerade is outstanding and soulful and sounds magnificent!

Thumbs WAY up!

For maximum enjoyment crank it up and the bass will kick in but since it's not a rock album don't expect anything resembling deep bass......it's jazz, after all!

Post by cupboy September 9, 2014 (9 of 10)
I didn't know it had vocals. I've never heard the music though. Just assumed it was instrumentals.

Post by rammiepie September 9, 2014 (10 of 10)
cupboy said:

I didn't know it had vocals. I've never heard the music though. Just assumed it was instrumentals.

Only ONE vocal but, IMHO, it's a stunner! Benson had to be coaxed to use his vocal chords because he was first and foremost a guitarist but even I was stunned by hearing it full throttle on this new AF remaster.

As I mentioned, play it loudly and the strings, percussion and subtle but effective surrounds will reward the listener tenfold (the stereo track even in DSP surround fails to effectively convey the full effect of the wonderful 5.1 mastering job).

Closed